- 1 Introduction
- 2 Technical Specifications
- 3 Our 11 Top Picks on Propane + Gasoline Generators
- 3.1 Duromax xp12000eh Dual Fuel Generator
- 3.2 Cons
- 3.3 Pulsar PG10000B16
- 3.4 Winco Portable Dual Fuel Generator
- 3.5 Pros
- 3.6 Cons
- 3.7 Ford FG7750PBE Dual Fuel Generator
- 3.8 Pros
- 3.9 Cons
- 3.10 Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Generator – People’s Choice
- 3.11 Pros
- 3.12 Cons
- 3.13 Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- 3.14 Pros
- 3.15 Cons
- 3.16 Sportsman GEN7500DF 7,500 Watt 13 HP 389cc OVH 4-Stroke Gas/Propane Powered Portable Generator
- 3.17 Pros
- 3.18 Cons
- 3.19 Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
- 3.20 Pros
- 3.21 Cons
- 3.22 Quipall 5250DF Dual Fuel Gas Portable Generator
- 3.23 Pros
- 3.24 Cons
- 3.25 WEN 4750-Watt 120V/240V Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- 3.26 Pros
- 3.27 Cons
- 3.28 Firman H03651 Hybrid Series Dual Fuel Portable Generator
- 3.29 Pros
- 3.30 Cons
- 4 Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
- 4.1 Should I opt for the household type of socket, NEMA socket, locking port, or other types in my dual fuel generator?
- 4.2 Can I use the dual fuel generator for my water heater?
- 4.3 How do I select the best dual fuel generator for my home?
- 4.4 How can I ensure fuel efficiency and power in the same dual fuel generator?
- 5 Conclusion
The sharp rise in demand for electricity during summer and damages to power grid lines during severe storms can cause unannounced power outages. Failure of electric-grid networks can cause not only discomfort but also diseases. A survey on the effects of a localized power outage on the health aspects may make you think seriously about the alternate power sources.
You will perhaps need a system that is portable, fuel efficient, safe, and capable of running for long hours without polluting the environment. Well, I would suggest you opt for a dual fuel generator. It is for the simple reason that you may use Gasoline or Propane as alternate fuels. With Gasoline, the generator can run for a longer time. With Propane, it can generate higher power for running more number of appliances.
You want the generator to work silently? (I still advise you to read about Quietest Generators) Do you want to get oil-out messages? You want the system to support the most important appliances during power outage hours. Well, all of the generators in my listing can do that. However, if you want fuel for your water heater, radiant floor heating, or other heavy-duty equipment, I will not be able to give you the solution here. You may have to look for a gas-fired boiler or something similar.
I am going to review 11 best dual fuel generators here. I will start by giving you a technical data sheet with the most critical parameters that may matter to you. I guess you can understand what they mean to your requirements. Alternatively, you can read about them in each product details.
|Brand Name||Rated A/C Output||Fuel Tank Capacity||Runtime|
|Duromax xp12000eh dual fuel generator||9500W||8.3 Gallons||8.83 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Pulsar PG10000B16||9000W(Gasoline)/7000W (Propane)||6.6 Gallons||12 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Winco Portable Dual Fuel Generator||5500W||7 Gallons||4.5 Hours (Full-Load)|
|Ford FG7750PBE Dual Fuel Generator||6250W (Gasoline)/6000W (Propane)||6.6 Gallons||10.5 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Generator||3600W||4 Gallons||18 Hours (25% Load)|
|Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel
|7500W||6 Gallons||8 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Sportsman GEN7500DF 7,500 Watt 13 HP 389cc OVH 4-Stroke Gas/Propane Powered Portable Generator||7500W||6.2 Gallons||9 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator||3800W||3.4 Gallon||8 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Quipall 5250DF Dual Fuel Gas Portable Generator||4000W (Gasoline)/3600W (Propane)||4 Gallons||9.5 Hours (Half-Load)|
|WEN 4750-Watt 120V/240V Dual Fuel Portable Generator||4750W||4 Gallons||11 Hours (Half-Load)|
|Firman H03651 Hybrid Series Dual Fuel Portable Generator||3650W||5 Gallons||’14 Hours (Half-Time)|
Our 11 Top Picks on Propane + Gasoline Generators
Duromax xp12000eh Dual Fuel Generator
The first thing that strikes you about the Duromax xp12000eh is its Engine of 18HP. It can produce 9500W power that is sufficient to run most of the critically required appliances including the refrigerator and the window-mounted Air Conditioner in my drawing room. Half-load runs for about 8 hours and 30 minutes.
The runtime may look relatively less when you compare it with the Pulsar PG10000B16 at 12,000W and 12 hours of runtime at half load. However, you can look at the fuel tank capacity which is almost 2 gallons more. So, it can run for a few more hours. I am saying it on the assumption that the number of appliances you run during power outage time in your home is on a priority basis of tasks.
The generator is CARB approved. So, you can safely assume that the emission rate per minute is within the recommended levels. I have seen a noise-reducing muffler which keeps the surrounding to be within the tolerable limits.
What I found to be impressive are the multiple outlets from the generator. You can connect them to two 120V connections within your home. The other one is for 240V. You may also find it highly useful for connecting to a large number of smaller appliances or fewer number of large capacity appliances.
Idle time fuel consumption is a significant factor for saving your money. The sensors within the generator should be able to detect the output and utilization. When all the utilization points show zero, the generator should automatically drop to idle mode. I have seen the Duromax xp12000eh be much better than the others like the Pulsar or Winco.
Fuel switching between Gasoline and Propane is a simple task. The run time reduces to around 7 hours and 10 minutes while running on Propane. However, you can see an improvement in the load it can take. For example, I have tried to run the washing machine, dishwasher, air conditioner, refrigerator, and the lighting in my home, with the TV and the surround sound system. The run time has been roughly 6 hours and 56 minutes. Of course, the washing machine ran for 3 hours, and the dishwasher ran for about an hour or so.
- 9500W output
- 8 HP Engine
- Protection from voltage fluctuation
- Automatic shutdown on low oil detection
- Easy to handle switches and controls
- Output plug point numbers are limited (Use power cord extenders)
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP12000EH is Powered by an 18HP, 457cc OHV Duromax Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners, and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: With DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 Volt receptacles. choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V simultaneously, or at 120 only...
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
Fuel selector switch and a dual fuel tank allow you to change the supply whenever you want. I have found this feature to be useful while switching between heavy duty tasks (Propane) and long-running tasks (Gasoline) while the generator is running.
The 15HP OHV (Overhead Valve) engine may seem somewhat less potent than the 18HP of Duromax xp12000eh. However, it has a higher capacity of the 10KW peak with Gasoline and 8KW peak with Propane, making it possible to connect with higher load appliances.
The number of electrical sockets is also more. It is equipped with four 120V, two 120/240V twist sockets for A/C output. Besides, it has a 12V DC output for smaller electronic devices. So, you can connect to the maximum number of appliances in your home. All the sockets are controlled by control panel buttons for safety switch on/off.
I have seen the generator supporting a centralized air-conditioner, two refrigerators, a TV, and the lighting equipment simultaneously. The best feature is you can connect your laptop during a power outage to charge the battery and work also.
The safety aspect of Pulsar PG10000B16 is the same as the others I have listed here. It has a circuit breaker which turns of the generator when the oil level is low, or the system has an emergency condition. So, you can stay worry-free about the protection of your home appliances from surge risks.
The digital meter seems small for clear visibility. However, the three-in-one system can show multiple values including the voltage frequency hour reading. You can get to know about the synchronous power generation from the system within an hour.
The system has a standard engine switch and a recoil-startup method. You can use them alternately when the other option is unavailable. The feature is very much similar to the Duromax xp12000eh.
- Dual fuel switch at runtime
- Six A/C sockets (120V/240V) and one DC socket (12V)
- Useful for home and external applications
- Easy to move and stable while working
- 420CC-15HP Engine
- No visible cons
- 10, 000W peak 8000W rated (gas)/ 9000W peak 7000W rated (LPG)
- The powerful 420cc, 4-stroke, OHV, air cooled Engine is protected by a durable powder coated Steel frame
- A large 6. 6 gallon fuel tank give you up to 12 hours of continuous operation at half load when running on gasoline
- Switch & go technology allow for seamless transitioning between LPG and gasoline fuel sources while still in operation
- Electric push start with recoil backup make start-up quick and easy, so you can get up and running with less hassle
You Might Want to Read about 12 Must-Have Portable Generator Accessories
Winco Portable Dual Fuel Generator
I would recommend Winco Portable Dual Fuel Generator for the small and intermediate size power generation requirements. You may use only a centralized air conditioner with the lighting systems. Alternatively, you may use it for the refrigerator, washing machine (400W and not higher), dishwasher, and the lighting systems apart from your laptop/computer with printer and Wi-Fi. However, make sure the hourly wattage doesn’t go beyond 500W.
The Engine with brushless copper winding and rubber mounts make it start with the optimum load. It generates a total harmonic of less than 7%. You can say it is specially designed for your sensitive home electronic and electrical equipment. So, you can afford to use the appliances without needing a UPS. I have seen most of the appliances like the ovens and computers without spike effects.
The generator looks relatively compact due to its construction. With a weight of 220LBs, it may seem you can lift the equipment for transport. There are no wheels to support the smooth movement.
At 72DB the noise may seem to be within the tolerable limits. With a compact size and low noise, the generator is ideal for positioning within the patio of your home.
The electrical socket number is 2 + 1. The two are for 20A+120V. There is one NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturer Association) compliant plug for 120/240V and 30 amps. It is sufficient to run a centralized AC and all the lighting fixtures in your home.
I suggest you calculate the individual voltage, ampere, and wattage requirement of each appliance before connecting to the generator in parallel.
- 70DB low noise with surge protection
- 10.7HP Engine for compact home appliances
- Efficient fuel consumption
- Low oil shutdown
- NEMA compliant plug sockets
- Limited usage for compact power appliances
- Less than 5% THD allows safe operation of sensitive electronics
- Full wraparound tubular steel cradle
- Rubber isolation mounts
- Low pressure fuel regulator
- Brushless 100% copper windings
Ford FG7750PBE Dual Fuel Generator
Ford FG7750PBE is perhaps the only generator with a difference of just 250W (6250W-gasoline and 6000W-propane) between the gasoline and Propane fuels. As you can see, the others have a minimum difference of 1000W or more. Ford may score overdue to engine construction. The 17HP-475CC-single cylinder engine can work with almost the same level of efficiency with the gasoline fuel as well as propane fuel.
The first thing you need to consider is the load. As I have seen, it can handle a centralized AC, a refrigerator, an oven, 3 or 4 electronic gadgets, and the lighting systems in the entire home. That is based on the calculation of 3500W (AC) + 550 W (refrigerator) + 1400W (Oven) + 300W (home lighting) + 400 W (all electronic gadgets). As you can see, it suffices all the critically required appliances and utilities. Of course, it is not possible to run equipment like a heater.
Ford FG7750PBE can work for 4.5 to 5.5 hours when it is on full load. It may be around 10 hours on half load. It may run longer if you choose to power one or two wall-mounted or window-mounted room AC instead of a centralized version; it is possible to get the generator to run for extra hours.
Ground Fault Circuit Interpreter (GFCI) is a technology used for protecting the generator from tripping. Thankfully, the Ford FG7750PBE is equipped with two such outlets of capacity 120V20A. I have found them to be highly useful for connecting to sensitive appliances.
There are two twist lock outlets, one with 120V30A and the other with 120/240V30A. You will find them useful for a centralized AC. You have to make sure the ampere requirement is within 30A. It may not be compatible with the Duromax xp12000eh or the Pulsar PG10000B16 in terms of supporting higher power AC. However, I have found it to be useful for a house with 3 to four rooms having centralized AC.
- Trip protection with twist-lock and GFCI
- Change from Gasoline to Propane at runtime
- 6.6-gallon tank for more than 10 hours of runtime
- Secure recoil protection
- Air cooled Engine
- Applications limited to small and medium-sized homes
- 7,750W Peak/ 6,250W Rated (Gasoline) & 7,500W Peak/6,000W Rated (LPG)
- The powerful 420cc, Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, OHV, Air Cooled Engine is protected by a Heavy-Duty Powder Coated Steel Frame
- A Large 6.6 Gallon High Capacity Fuel Tank gives you up to 10.5 Hours of Continuous Operation at half load when running on gasoline
- Dual Fuel Capability lets you choose between Gasoline or LPG fuel sources for running your generator
- Switch & Go Technology allows for seamless transitioning between LPG and Gasoline fuel sources while still in operation
Westinghouse WGen3600DF Dual Fuel Generator – People’s Choice
Westinghouse WGen3600DF is a special type of generator which you can carry on your Recreational Vehicles. You can go for intercity travels, family camping, and long drives in the highways. It gives you many benefits of working with appliances for lighting, cooking, air conditioning, heating, dish and cloth washing, and others.
The standard dimension is 23.3″ x 22.8″ x 21.3″. I have tried to fit into a Class-B RV, travel trailer, and also a pop-up trailer. It fits in easily without any issues whatsoever. However, it would be best if you were careful in connecting the plug outlets to the right cables with correct thickness and conducting capacity. It is because you won’t be watching them continuously while running. And you don’t want any unplugging, cable damage and other disasters on the way.
Generally, I have found the RV ready generators to be of minimal applications for the home. Let us calculate the power needs of an RV. Average consumption is 20KW-30KW per day. So, the design of such generators will also be the same.
Westinghouse WGen3600DF seems to be different because of its rated output capacity. 3600W (Gasoline) and 3240W (Propane) are much higher than the average RV needs. I have seen many of my customers choosing the generator for medium size home power needs.((I still advise you to Read What size Generator do you need?)
You may run two window-mounted ACs (900W X2), small oven (1000W), and the entire house lighting systems (15W-200W). That is a total of 1800+ 1000 + 200 = 3000W. The rated runtime is 18 hours at 25% load. So, the generator 83% load should run for approximately six hours.
The practical application of Westinghouse WGen3600DF is only for small size homes. You may not compare it with any of the previous models, due to its output. However, I have seen many of my customers being happy as it fulfils their minimal needs.
- 212CC-four-stroke Engine (durability and power)
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to use control panel
- Neutral floating facility
- Buttons to change Amp
- Battery indicator shows only colors (not actual value)
- Power Source Type: Gasoline And Propane
Champion 7500-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The Champion 7500-Watt system looks like any other generator. With a weight of 202 pounds and the dimension of 27.8″ x 28.7″ x 26.4″, it is portable with two strong wheels and an easy movement mechanism.
I had looked deeply into the structural and functional features to see if there is any special feature. Though I found none to differentiate it from the others I have reviewed, I would recommend it for home and commercial applications.
On Gasoline, it generates 7500W and 6750W on Propane. I tried running a centralized AC, a washing machine, home lighting, and an oven apart from my computers and printers. It ran for almost ran for six hours at 85% load. At half load, it runs for nearly 8 hours.
The fumes from gasoline burning seem to be somewhat lesser than from the other models I have reviewed so far. It could be due to the efficient filter and the nozzle components. The noise-level at 74DB is equal to the 5500-W model of the same brand. But slightly higher than those of 3400W and 3800W which are 59DB and 68DB respectively.
Now, let us see the support for appliances and equipment. With 7500W it can support one centralized AC (or 2-3 window mounted versions), one or two refrigerators, an oven, and the lighting systems in your home.
I have seen the machine working equally with Propane for supporting the above-listed equipment, but for a lesser period.
I have seen my customers using it at construction and fabrication sites. It can support a 2-Cubic-Feet portable cement mixer. It can also power a concrete drill of 1500W, a water pump (1100W), and a few other construction tools. The construction engineers use the generator for 75% to 80% of the total rated load.
I have seen a significant reduction in runtime when I used Propane instead of Gasoline. Sometimes the difference has been as much as 2.5 hours. However, there has been an increase in load-bearing capacity by at least 20%.
- Measures voltage, runtime, and frequency continually and records data
- Inbuilt surge protector
- Four strokes powerful engine (to support more devices on Propane)
- Push-button start
- Air-cooled Engine for longer running
- Limited to medium scale applications
- Dual Fuel - Operate your 7500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric start - Power up the 439cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge - Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals.1.5 Inch dia. tubular steel frame for protection and durability
- Powerful - At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts on gasoline and 8400 starting watts and 6750 running watts on propane, trust Volt Guard built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
- Champion Support - Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Sportsman GEN7500DF 7,500 Watt 13 HP 389cc OVH 4-Stroke Gas/Propane Powered Portable Generator
The special feature of Sportsman GEN7500DF is its circuit reset option. It uses a built-in chip to set the power for low voltage applications. I have observed the probability of tripping reduced considerably with this generator.
The excellent feature is the availability of the option for the 120/240V, 120V-RV, 120V-30Amp, and 120V-20Amp generator output plug points. So, you can connect the multiple types of appliances to all the points with no hesitation. Even the Champion generator has the same feature for the circuit reset. However, I have found the Sportsman to be much faster and accurate in design.
There is only one 120/240V outlet. It may make your high voltage application like the air-conditioner limited. However, you can find four 120V AC outlets. You can use them for running other smaller utilities in your kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The 120V DC outlet lets you use the devices like the computer, laptop, and others. You may also charge your cell-phones.
Approval from the EPA (Environmental protection Agency) ensures it is a green generator. However, I was curious to know whether it was just a claim of truth. I tried a fume emission test for the Sportsman with Champion, Westinghouse, and Ford. I found it to be much lower for Gasoline and Propane. The difference is not too high, but still, it could be accountable.
The rated noise is less than 80DB. However, it is a bit higher than the champion and Ford. However, you could manage by keeping the generator a few meters from your home.
Using the Propane seems to work for shorter power outages. Then there is no need to keep the gasoline tank filled. I suggest the Gasoline for longer power outages. It could be due to the intelligent design of the 13-HP Engine. Most of my customers use the same technique to save on fuel and get economical output. Since there is a runtime switchover, it is easy to change the fuel sources instantly.
- Load compatibility for RV and home applications
- Easy to use circuit reset
- Large handle for recoil start
- Compact design and sturdy construction
- Simple maintenance procedures
- Single output with 120/240V
- 7,500 Watt Surge/6,000 watt continuous
- 6.2 Gallon gas tank with fuel gauge, 9 hour run time on 50% load
- Recoil start and electric start, circuit protection, Automatic low oil shut down, AVR automatic voltage regulation
- Four 120V AC outlet, one 120V RV outlet, one 120/240V outlet, and one 12V DC outlet for battery charging
- EPA approved
Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator
The construction and design of Champion 3800W are almost similar to the Champion 7500W, except for the output power. The system works with the help of a circuit breaker instead of a circuit reset. The advantage is you don’t need to replace the fuse every time there is a surge protector. You can just reset the connection, and power supply resumes.
Another important feature I observed is the 12030A-RV output. So, you can have an appliance on your RV which supports 2500W and more. You can get a reasonably good AC that is 1500W. However, it requires a startup of 3500W. So, you have to turn off the other appliances when starting the AC. You can turn them on after a few minutes. You can run a small oven, lighting, and TV with this generator. The propane running time could be relatively lower, but you may attach appliances which work on 28.5Amps. Unfortunately, the Champion-3800W has no 240V output. It is limited to 120V, but the ampere values are 30A and 20A. So, you can choose the essential appliances based on priority.
I would rate the Champion 3800W, for low-end applications for your home and moderately better applications on your RV.
Fuel selection switch seems to be secure and larger in size compared to the Champion-7500W version. Moreover, the steel frame is sturdier and flexible.
The Champion 3800W is compatible with home and industrial applications, just like the Champion 7500W. I have seen my customers using it for powering handheld drilling machines, cutting machines, fabrication machines, welding machines, and also the portable (bit more significant) size models.
- 120V 30A is sufficient to run multiple RV appliances
- Even Propane runs to a level of 28.5Amps
- Air cooled Engine
- Designed for RV
- Sturdy construction and compact design
- Limited to RV and simple home appliances
- Dual Fuel - Runs on GAS or PROPANE straight out of the box. Engine type: 4-stroke, wheel diameter: 8.0 inches
- 4750 starting watts, 3800 running watts with up to 9 hours run time on a full tank of gas and up to 10.5 hours on a 20 lb. propane tank
- Powered by a reliable 224cc Champion engine with Touch Start, push-button electric start (battery included).Gasoline Starting Amps at 120V - 39.6A.Gasoline Running Amps at 120V - 31.7A.Propane...
- Frequency: 60 Hz. Outlets - 120V 30A RV, 120V 30A locking, two 120V 20A household outlets all secured by Volt Guard, protects your appliances from power surges
- Champion Support - 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support. Refer instruction manual before use.
Quipall 5250DF Dual Fuel Gas Portable Generator
The initial appearance of Quipall 5250DF may make you feel it is a small generator. Compact design with more minor output points may make you almost believe it. Wait until you read the rated output in Watts. It is 4000W for Gasoline and 3600 for Propane. Now, check it out with Westinghouse WGen3600DF and Champion 3800-Watt models. You will know the benefits instantly.
I have observed the 120/240V 30Amp to be of much higher power than the 120V/30Amp of the Champion 3800W generator. It can support a centralized Ac, washers, lighting systems and other supplementary appliances also. Moreover, it has four 120V/20AMP outlets. They should be sufficient to support the most essential tools in your home from the kitchen to the living and bedrooms.
The runtime of the Quipall 5250DF is relatively better when it works with lower load appliances. You can select the generator based on the net power load in your home and the number of hours needed. If your requirement is high and the budget is flexible, I would suggest Duromax or Pulsar. If it is minimal to medium like a 3-bedroom home, you can opt for Quipall 5250DF.
Level of noise is much lower than the other brands I have reviewed so far. However, the startup noise could be relatively higher.
The generator has a single extendable handle at one end. However, it has a sturdy frame at the other end. So, you may use the combination to transport the generator within or outside your home.
I have found the control panel to be simple in design. Self-explaining labels will make it easy to operate. There are many visually-clear indicators for knowing the voltage, amp, oil, and other values. So, you can know when to change values and replace the content.
- Overhead-Valve Engine for maximum safety
- Maximum compatibility between gasoline and propane fuels
- Sturdy construction with cage frame
- Higher working hours with Gasoline and Propane
- Simple control panel
- Applications for medium scale appliances at home and working site
- Powerful 224cc overhead valve engine.
- Convenient Electric Start
- Runs on gasoline or liquid propane for versatility.
- Gasoline rated output of 4000W, maximum power of 5250W
- Propane rated output of 3600W, maximum power of 4500W
WEN 4750-Watt 120V/240V Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The best part of outlets on the WEN 4750-Watt generator is their compatibility with the GFCI and NEMA standards. The Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter provides maximum security to any defects in the grounding and other aspects of protection. NEMA/ANSI standards compatibility means the device can connect to multiple outlet extension cords. That means you can multiply the number of appliances which make use of the generator.
The LPG connection hose connector point is supportive of multiple hose types. The dynamic switching option between the two types of fuels is accurate and faster. There is a sensor, which detects the switchover and saves on the other kind of fuel. I have observed this option to be better fuel saving than the other brands which I have reviewed so far.
The front handle is designed to balance the front and middle body weight while transporting. However, you may also use the rear frame to make it faster. The wheels make it much easier for you to move faster and smoother while transporting. The front feet keep the generator stable, no matter where you choose to keep it.
The 240V 30AMP NEMA outlet plug can give you a maximum output to support one or two high-end appliances like the AC and the washers. Two 120V outlets can be connected to the low power appliances like the TV, small ovens, and the lighting systems.
The tank is only 4 gallon. However, you can get more extended output by limiting the number of connected appliances. The manufactories may give you attractive figures on runtime with half load condition. However, as you can see, the load is always up to 75% or 83% during peak hours (especially in the morning and night). So, you have to calculate the maximum load while selecting the best generator.
- Excellent compatibility for Watts between gasoline and Propane (3800W-3500W)
- 47″ LPG hose makes it possible to get a higher volume of fuel
- 4-stroke-OHV Engine for low noise a more extended durability
- Easy to use control panel
- Lower maintenance needs
- No automatic choke
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a...
Firman H03651 Hybrid Series Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Firman H03651 Hybrid is yet another generator for your small scale applications in your home. It can generate a maximum of 3650W on Gasoline and almost the same wattage on Propane. The compatibility is one advantage you get from the generator.
The 208CC Engine is relatively low in noise. It is also shallow in emissions. Hence, the generator is RV compatible. You can find two output points with 120V capacity and 30AMP. There is one output point with 120V-30AMP RV compatibility. So, you can use the generator for home applications, as well as the RV with the same level of efficiency.
The control panel and the output points are relatively more significant than any of the models and brands I have reviewed. They are also safer and protective of the external elements.
I have seen my customers using the Firman H03651 Hybrid generator for small and medium-size homes with one or two window-mounted ACs, refrigerators, TVs, and lighting systems for the entire house.
The handle is comfortable and safe to hold. The U-Shaped handle almost covers the entire front-end of the generator. Hence, you can use it for balancing the front and middleweight. There is also a firm footing at the front of the generator. It gives the much-needed stability to the generator while standing on slightly sloppy landscapes.
- 208-CC dual fuel engine
- Smooth startup and running
- Easy way to switch between fuels
- Also, support for single fuel
- Easy to maintain and transport
- No support for heavy-duty appliances
- Ready for any task, The H03651 Hybrid Dual Fuel portable generator provides power on demand. Great for camping, emergency power, work-site and great outdoors. California emission certified
- 208cc dual fuel engine with low oil shut off and cast iron sleeve
- 5 gallon tank provides 14 hours of runtime. Propane tank not included. 5. 5 ft. LPG regulator hose included.
- R ready multi feature control panel with covered outlets *see specs for full list
- 8" heavy duty Never-Flat wheels and high leverage u-shape Folding handle
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
Should I opt for the household type of socket, NEMA socket, locking port, or other types in my dual fuel generator?
Can I use the dual fuel generator for my water heater?
Dual fuel generators are stated to be economical, efficient, effective, and practical. It is evident to me from the fact that the volume of sales has increased by nearly 50% since I introduced them to my sales outlet. Customers who depended entirely on diesel and other models have started changing their generators to the dual fuel model. I have also done many technical research works based on performance, engine load, durability, surge protection, and other related factors. Reliability factors are high when it comes to startup load. For example, the top dual fuel generator in my list can take the startup load of 10KW. It could support an entire central heating and cooling system. EPA (Environment Protection Agency) has cleared the dual fuel (gasoline/propane) generator to be environment-friendly with near zero emissions. Air cooled engines run at low noise to make your life peaceful. The number and size of output sockets conform to the NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association) standards for safety from surges. So, my personal opinion is that you may get benefited from the dual fuel generators economically and technically.
How do I select the best dual fuel generator for my home?
How can I ensure fuel efficiency and power in the same dual fuel generator?
Dual fuel generators are stated to be economical, efficient, effective, and practical. It is evident to me from the fact that the volume of sales has increased by nearly 50% since I introduced them to my sales outlet. Customers who depended entirely on diesel and other models have started changing their generators to the dual fuel model.
I have also done many technical research works based on performance, engine load, durability, surge protection, and other related factors. Reliability factors are high when it comes to startup load. For example, the top dual fuel generator in my list can take the startup load of 10KW. It could support an entire central heating and cooling system.
EPA (Environment Protection Agency) has cleared the dual fuel (gasoline/propane) generator to be environment-friendly with near zero emissions. Air cooled engines run at low noise to make your life peaceful. The number and size of output sockets conform to the NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association) standards for safety from surges. So, my personal opinion is that you may get benefited from the dual fuel generators economically and technically.